Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to install Windows 7 Pro on to my Mac Yosemite 10.10.5 version, and bootcamp only gives me these options when I click on it: "download the latest Windows support software from Apple" and " Install Windows 7".

I am trying to install Windows 7 Pro on to my Mac Yosemite 10.10.5 (late 2009) version using Boot Camp. However, the only two options I get when I click on Boot Camp are "Download the latest Windows support software from Apple" and "Install Windows 7". It doesn't give me the option to make the windows .iso an install DVD, or whatever. I already tried the whole info.plist code change thing as I read about in other Apple support forums, but all it did was crash my Boot Camp Assistant, so I had to completely reinstall OS X Yosemite. Now I am back at square one. I am about to lose my mind over this! Can someone out there in the vast Apple Community help me??! I know I am not the only person in the world struggling with this issue! Thanks so much for any assistance!!!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 9:44 AM

14 replies

Aug 28, 2015 11:03 AM in response to jessdancer

jessdancer wrote:

How do I do that? I have purchased the downloadable version of Windows 7 in an .iso form. How do I burn it to a physical disc?

Disk Utility (Yosemite): Burn a disk image to a CD or DVD

And, once it's burned, how do I then install it on my Mac? Do I still use Boot Camp Assistant?

Yes, you need use BC Assistant to install Windows. Please see How to install Windows using Boot Camp - Apple Support .

Aug 28, 2015 12:19 PM in response to Loner T

I have burned Window 7 on to a physical disc, and I followed all instructions to create an .iso file of it. I've ejected the actual physical disc, and now when I go to Boot Camp Assistant it still only gives me these two options, "download the latest windows support software from Apple" and "install windows 7". It doesn't give me that 3rd option that I apparently need to proceed. What do I do now??

Aug 28, 2015 1:52 PM in response to Loner T

I just trashed all documents in OS X start up disc (I have them saved on another external HD), so now I only have these things on my start up disc: Applications, Library, System, Users. But, my start up disc still says this when I go to "get info": capacity: 499.25 GB, available: 34.36 GB. Why didn't trashing documents open up any space?

I am trying to install Windows 7 Pro on to my Mac Yosemite 10.10.5 version, and bootcamp only gives me these options when I click on it: "download the latest Windows support software from Apple" and " Install Windows 7".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.