Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The previous user of my iPad is not around and I don't have his number , I need to erase his account and remove his account from the device , please how do I do it.

I Need to erase my iPad and remove the former users account from it. I dont know where the previous user is and I dont have his contact no

iPad, iOS 8

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 11:26 AM

2 replies

Aug 28, 2015 11:30 AM in response to Hogamany

If Settings > iCloud > Find My iPad is enabled then you can't, you will either need the password to logout of the account before resetting the iPad, or to reactivate the iPad after resetting it - that is activation lock and can't be bypassed. If Find My iPad is enabled you will have to find and contact the previous owner, only he/she can remove the iPad from their account (Apple won't be able to do it) : Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support.

The previous user of my iPad is not around and I don't have his number , I need to erase his account and remove his account from the device , please how do I do it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.