Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my itouch which i think is a 2nd or 3rd generation will not open my music in iTunes

I've just attached my touch (2nd or 3rd Generation) to my macbook pro and although I can sync music to it I can't find it on my touch. The only icon on it is the iTunes icon but when you click on it it just gives me info on whats available on iTunes to purchase but does not allow me to find any music that i have imported to it.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

ken

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 1:43 PM

Have you looked at all the Home screens on the iPod?

If so and the only app on all the Home screens is iTunes (where you purchases media) then:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2015 1:43 PM in response to Kmonkton

Have you looked at all the Home screens on the iPod?

If so and the only app on all the Home screens is iTunes (where you purchases media) then:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

my itouch which i think is a 2nd or 3rd generation will not open my music in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.