Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movie-to-image-sequence export error

After watching (on Vimeo) a tutorial by Matt Longmeyer of Northwest Films, I was inspired to purchase Quicktime Pro 7 in order to try doing a Video-to-Time-Lapse conversion as he demonstrated in the tutorial specifically using Quicktime Pro 7 (He used a Mac and I'm Win 7 / 64-bit). As instructed, I opened a short (5-minutes) video in Quicktime Player, then followed the first step which was to export the video into a sequence of images. It started okay, but it was just getting into the conversion (< 5%) when it stopped and this appeared: "Error - 36 an I/O error occurred". Thinking maybe it was the file I was using I started over, this time opening a 7-minute video my brother had made at his new home and sent to me via Dropbox in .mp4 format. The same thing happened, with the same error message generated. Any advice you could provide as to why this is happening would be appreciated. In the export dialog box, in each case I chose export in .jpeg format, using the frame rate each video was made with: The first was at 28 fps, the next one I tried had been shot at 29 fps.

Quicktime Pro 7-OTHER, Windows 7, 64-bit

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 9:54 AM

There are no replies.

Movie-to-image-sequence export error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.