Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will an unlocked T-Mobile iPhone 6 work with Sprint?

Hello all -

I have an unlocked T-Mobile iPhone 6 currently still on the T-Mobile network. I walked into a Sprint store and asked about bringing my unlocked, TMO iPhone 6 to their network and they looked at me like I had 10 heads and told me I could not.

I then called customer service to ask why my CDMA (GSM) unlocked iPhone 6 wouldn't work on their network. After going through 2 tiers of Sprint Techs, the answer I received was simple: "Cancel your TMO service and THEN you'll be able to bring the phone to Sprint."

MY QUESTION: Has anyone successfully transferred an iPhone 6 from T-Mobile to Sprint? Haven't found a thread confirming that anyone has done this.

Reason I am switching: Tmobile was great in NYC - but I moved upstate and their service is pretty dodgy.

Thanks all!

- Doug

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 12:05 PM

Sprint, being a CDMA provider, has to be willing to provision your hardware into their system so it can connect to their network (unlike a GSM carrier). In my experience with Sprint, they simple, by matter of policy, will not do so for customers who bring their own devices. You must buy your Sprint phone pre-provisioned for access to Sprint's network. So I would say no, you will never get that phone onto Sprint as they simply will not do what is required for that to happen - they never have been willing to do so for anyone with any device brought in.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2015 12:05 PM in response to douglasphansen

Sprint, being a CDMA provider, has to be willing to provision your hardware into their system so it can connect to their network (unlike a GSM carrier). In my experience with Sprint, they simple, by matter of policy, will not do so for customers who bring their own devices. You must buy your Sprint phone pre-provisioned for access to Sprint's network. So I would say no, you will never get that phone onto Sprint as they simply will not do what is required for that to happen - they never have been willing to do so for anyone with any device brought in.

Will an unlocked T-Mobile iPhone 6 work with Sprint?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.