Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help me justify a new Macbook

I need help in justifying a purchase of a new Macbook Pro. I currently have a 13" mid-2009 Macbook Pro. Over the years I have upgraded the memory and changed to a SSD. I even changed the battery a few years ago. Really runs great and no problems at all. But it is now over six years old and I want to get a new one. I feel guilty about the purchase. Any really good reasons someone can tell as to why I definitely have to upgrade I would appreciate.

Only thing I can come up with is current battery is showing age and only am getting about 2-3 hours of charge before I need to plug in. Is that really enough justification?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB RAM

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 11:00 AM

3 replies

Aug 28, 2015 11:55 AM in response to Scottadel

The same here: all Macbookpros have a SSD, and 8GB of Ram, and the CD-reader replaced by a large HDD. One is from 2008 (battery replace already three times, one is 2009 with battery replaced two years ago, the others are 2011 (2) and 2012 (2). We see no difference at all for normal daily use. We are satisfied with all and don't feel the need to replace one for a newer one.

Help me justify a new Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.