Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When i try to download yosemite, says i need a processor like 'core 2 duo'

Im on a 2007 model of macbook pro, 10.6.8, and when i press onto the app store and attempt to buy yosemite it comes up with a message saying "OS X 10.10 Yosemite requires a core 2 duo, core i3, core i5, corei7 or Xeon processor" I dont understand, and need help on how to just download yosemite! Thanks

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 12:50 PM

5 replies

Aug 28, 2015 1:12 PM in response to antoniayoyo

See the following:

Upgrading to Yosemite

You can upgrade to Yosemite from Lion or directly from Snow Leopard. Yosemite can be downloaded from the Mac App Store for FREE.

Upgrading to Yosemite

To upgrade to Yosemite you must have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or Lion installed. Download Yosemite from the App Store. Sign in using your Apple ID. Yosemite is free. The file is quite large, over 5 GBs, so allow some time to download. It would be preferable to use Ethernet because it is nearly four times faster than wireless.

OS X Mavericks/Yosemite- System Requirements

Macs that can be upgraded to OS X Yosemite

1. iMac (Mid 2007 or newer) - Model Identifier 7,1 or later

2. MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer) - Model Identifier 5,1 or later

3. MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer) - Model Identifier 3,1 or later

4. MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer) - Model Identifier 2,1 or later

5. Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer) - Model Identifier 3,1 or later

6. Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer) - Model Identifier 3,1 or later

7. Xserve (Early 2009) - Model Identifier 3,1 or later

To find the model identifier open System Profiler in the Utilities folder. It's displayed in the panel on the right.

Are my applications compatible?

See App Compatibility Table - RoaringApps.

When i try to download yosemite, says i need a processor like 'core 2 duo'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.