Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My account on Apple has different Alternate Apple ID than what my Ipad 2 has

I am so frustrated with my ipad; I can't take it! I have an apple ID that is my charter.com e-mail address and that is fine. When I am looking at my account on my desktop computer it shows a different 'Alternate ID' than what my Ipad 2 is showing. So, I am constantly being prompted on my Ipad2 to enter the password for your Apple ID; but the Apple ID that is reflected in this prompt is not accurate. Not sure if I can actually write what those 2 are but the one on my apple account as the number 13@me.com. The one on my Ipad is missing the '13' if that makes sense.

So, when I am prompted on my Ipad 2 to enter the password for my Apple ID (Alternate ID is reflected); I enter my primary Apple ID password and it says "The password you entered is incorrect". I tried changing my password on my desktop computer to a new password for my Apple ID but that did not resolve the issue. The Ipad2 wants a password but I have no idea what it is.

Anyone have this happen? Any resolution? Please help!

Michele

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 12:03 PM

There are no replies.

My account on Apple has different Alternate Apple ID than what my Ipad 2 has

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.