Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hard drive replaced. Battery service?

So about two weeks ago, my Macbook Pro suddenly and randomly stopped working. Come to find out, it was an issue with the hard drive and hard drive ribbon. Sent it in to be fixed and roughly two weeks (and a big chuck of cash) later got it back with the hard drive and ribbon replaced. Good as new... sorta. The very day I got it back, my battery is showing that it needs service.

The information is showing a rather high cycle count, I realize, but could the new hard drive also play some part in why I'm seeing this? Prior to having my device repaired, I hadn't noticed anything wrong with the battery and even now haven't noticed much change in the battery life. I don't want to rush into spending more money to fix it up if it's not necessary, as money is always an issue, but at the same time don't want to leave something to get worse and ultimately waste the money spent to replace everything.

Charge Information:

Charge Remaining (mAh): 211

Fully Charged: No

Charging: No

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 4387

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 945

Condition: Service Battery

Battery Installed: Yes

Amperage (mA): -29

Voltage (mV): 11040

Macbook Pro 13 in. Mid 2012

OS X 10.9.5

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 11:43 AM

1 reply

Hard drive replaced. Battery service?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.