Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading an album twice, possible?

Here's my problem, I have my iTunes library on one computer, but have mistakenly downloaded an album on a different computer, one iPod, two computers. I tried to re-download the album on the original computer but it just says 'Purchased' and won't let me re-download. Does anyone know how to get around this, or, even better, get the album I've already purchased onto my iPod?

All help appreciated.

iPod nano, Help!

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 12:38 PM

4 replies

Aug 29, 2015 1:21 AM in response to Pippa154

Hi, thanks for the link. I've followed the steps but it hasn't worked unfortunately. When I click on my name and scroll down to 'Purchased', the album shows up there as 'Not in library'. I've authorised my computer and switched on 'automatic downloads' but it still remains in 'Not in library' and I can't see any way to move it into my music library. I can't believe I'm not even able to pay for it a second time, it just keeps saying 'Purchased' in the iTunes Store! I'm worried about syncing my IPod with my new computer as I think this may wipe off all my old purchases from my iPod.

Aug 29, 2015 2:20 AM in response to Pippa154

The 'automatic downloads' setting only applies to purchases made after the setting was turned 'on' e.g. if you have that setting 'on' for music on your computer's iTunes and you buy an album on a different computer or on an iOS device then it should also download on that computer. If the setting was already 'on' then try the Store > Check For Available Downloads menu option

User uploaded file

Or on the 'not in my library' screen the album should have a cloud icon on its top right corner (or if viewing Songs there should be a cloud icon to each track's far right) - click on that cloud icon and it should download into the My Music section of your library and disappear from 'not in my library'

Downloading an album twice, possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.