Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have a new Windows 7 machine. I want to transfer a playlist from my iPhone onto my new computer.

I have a new Windows 7 PC. I want to transfer a current playlist on my iPhone onto the new machine. Is that possible, or do I need to recreate a new playlist in the new iTunes on the new machine?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 12:58 PM

2 replies

Aug 28, 2015 1:04 PM in response to G0Speedracer

G0Speedracer wrote:

I have a new Windows 7 PC. I want to transfer a current playlist on my iPhone onto the new machine. Is that possible, or do I need to recreate a new playlist in the new iTunes on the new machine?

The playlist should be saved to your iTunes library on your old computer. Copy your iTunes library to your new computer and the data is there. You cannot sync from the phone to iTunes, that sync is only one way, from iTunes to the phone. If you attempt to sync to an empty library, you will loose all content on the phone.

Have a new Windows 7 machine. I want to transfer a playlist from my iPhone onto my new computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.