Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ProRes422 output from FCP on monitor looks soft

I am having difficulty getting high quality video out of the MBP HDMI port. All appears to work OK but the video is soft when playing. When paused it is very sharp but goes soft as soon as I press play. I have hooked my Samsung Syncmaster 1080i monitor via HDMI to the MacbookPro HDMI output and see that selected under the Preferences A/V Output. FCPx is set up to work in ProRes422

Thanks all!!

Paul

I'm a longtime FCP7 user finally setting up with FCPx.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Yosemite and FCP all up to date.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 16GB Ram - NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 1:04 PM

Make sure you have Optimized/Original selected from the Media section of the View menu at the top right corner of the Viewer pane. If you have Proxy (media) selected, FCPX will export a quarter resolution version of the storyline.

3 replies

ProRes422 output from FCP on monitor looks soft

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.