Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I set up a public and a private wi-Fi with my time capsule at the same time

I want to have my private Wi-Fi. And if I have guests over I want to have them to have access to the Internet without giving my password up.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 12:55 PM

Whether you will be able to do want you want will depend on whether the type of modem that you have will allow the "guest" network feature to work correctly on your Time Capsule....and....whether the model of Time Capsule that you have will support the "guest" network feature.

So, what model of Time Capsule do you have? Is this a tall or "tower" shaped Time Capsule, or is it a flat or "square" shaped Time Capsule? If it is a flat, square model, we need the model number from the device. It is usually embedded in the foam base, and it starts with an "A" followed by 4 numbers.

Next, we need the make and model number of the "modem" that you are using. We ask, since most modems provided by Internet Service Providers will not allow the "guest" network feature on the Time Capsule to work correctly.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2015 12:55 PM in response to artincharlotte

Whether you will be able to do want you want will depend on whether the type of modem that you have will allow the "guest" network feature to work correctly on your Time Capsule....and....whether the model of Time Capsule that you have will support the "guest" network feature.

So, what model of Time Capsule do you have? Is this a tall or "tower" shaped Time Capsule, or is it a flat or "square" shaped Time Capsule? If it is a flat, square model, we need the model number from the device. It is usually embedded in the foam base, and it starts with an "A" followed by 4 numbers.

Next, we need the make and model number of the "modem" that you are using. We ask, since most modems provided by Internet Service Providers will not allow the "guest" network feature on the Time Capsule to work correctly.

Can I set up a public and a private wi-Fi with my time capsule at the same time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.