Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i phone 5 get a virus? is there antivirus? phone sounds like its underwater.

can i phone 5 get a virus? is there antivirus? phone sounds like its underwater.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 1:41 PM

shialabba wrote:

can i phone 5 get a virus?

No, only if it has been jailbroken.

shialabba wrote:

is there antivirus?

No.

shialabba wrote:

phone sounds like its underwater.

I would say that is probably another problem. What troubleshooting have you tried? Is this the earpiece speaker, or the speakerphone speaker?

7 replies

Aug 29, 2015 6:30 AM in response to shialabba

shialabba wrote:

i have been through 3 iphone 5 from verizon and they have all done the same thing that is why they think it might be a virus because it is traveling from phone to phone. it works fine on speakerphone.

Restore the phone as new. Do you set it up from your back up. Do you still have the problem? If so, there is something (but it's not a virus) in your data that's causing a problem.

Aug 29, 2015 9:09 AM in response to shialabba

The problem is likely caused by a corrupted backup, so you need to set up the phone manually.

Rest it to factory settings and set it up as new (do not restore it from a backup) Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content & Settings. Then begin downloading your apps a few at a time. It is likely an app that is causing the problem and you want to pinpoint each one, so you will need to do them a few at a time to find the culprit.

If you want to sync your music and you have a lot of it, then sync that via iTunes.

Signing back into iCloud will sync back Contacts, Calendars, Notes, etc. if you have them turned on.

The problem is likely caused by a corrupted backup, so you need to set up the phone manually.

Cheers,

GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.