Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MainStage 3.2 claiming concerts are corrupt

I've been using 3.1.1 for a long time, in live gigs, very successfully, and today I was forced to download the 3.2 update (didn't know how at the time to turn this off - I think I've since found out how). When I ran it, it claimed all of my concerts were corrupted, and requested me to restore them from backups. This was bad advice, as they weren't corrupt, as I proved when I eventually managed to roll back to 3.1.1 using Time Machine, which then worked perfectly with these concerts. So there appears to be some incompatibility in file formats (not backwardly compatible) between 3.1.1 and 3.2. This is a major problem for me, and makes 3.2 unuseable for me, as it can't read my concerts that I've built in 3.1.1.

So my questions are:

(a) is there some way of getting MainStage 3.2 to accept concert files generated by 3.1.1, possibly by running some kind of upgrade utility on them?

(b) If the answer to (a) is no, then are there any plans to provide one in the future, or alternatively to patch 3.2 so that it can read concert files from 3.1.1?

Until this evening I'd been incredibly impressed with the power of MainStage, having used it successfully to process sound for multiple keyboards and guitars in gigs. It feels like this hasn't been tested properly, which is a real shame; I'd like to use the new features like Alchemy but I can't without rebuilding my entire set list from scratch, and that is not going to happen.

I don't think it's relevant, but following the guidelines, I'm using:

Yosemite 10.10.5 (completely up to date I think)

Model Name: MacBook Pro, 15 inch, mid-2014

Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,3

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: MBP112.0138.B15

SMC Version (system): 2.19f12

- Cameron

MainStage, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), MainStage 3.2

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 8:17 AM

Yeah...I was dumb and upgraded when I know better...

It's loading concerts from 3.1.1 for me...but it will not retain my Lyrics/chords in the text window, and it won't retain the Waveform's association with the playback plugins. I had over 100 patches with lyrics typed into each one that was being automated by Logic. e

All of those patches are now blank. I've retyped them in, saved and backed them up...nothing.

53 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2015 8:17 AM in response to Musical Stuff

Yeah...I was dumb and upgraded when I know better...

It's loading concerts from 3.1.1 for me...but it will not retain my Lyrics/chords in the text window, and it won't retain the Waveform's association with the playback plugins. I had over 100 patches with lyrics typed into each one that was being automated by Logic. e

All of those patches are now blank. I've retyped them in, saved and backed them up...nothing.

Aug 30, 2015 6:03 PM in response to Musical Stuff

I am having the same problem.

Upgraded to MS 3.2.

Concert created in most recent previous version will not load with the error message, "The document 'Name of My Concert' could not be opened. The file isn't in the correct format. Please restore it from a backup"

I "fixed" a copy of the concert per the instructions in Brian Li's blog.

The old concert now loads but the entire Workspace is gone--I have a large and complex rig. Recreating would be time-prohibitive and require testing every patch (over 200).

I tried to restore prior version from Time Machine and the icon has a strike symbol across the MS icon.

MS has always been glitchy but I have used on hundreds of gigs with only three crashes. This, however, is a deal breaker.

Apple, please aggressively pursue the fix for this "Pro" app as we pros are losing money waiting.

Mac Mini Late 2012

OS X 10.10.5

2.6Ghz I7

16GB ram

128 GB SSD

Aug 31, 2015 4:55 PM in response to MIDImogul

Do you have a copy of your concert that doesn't open? If you can post it somewhere, it might be able to be massaged a bit to get it open.

As for downgrading the software, if you're unable to retrieve it through time machine, maybe you have a copy on another computer? Restoring through time machine should work, but maybe you can try restoring it again from a different date.

Sep 1, 2015 9:08 AM in response to rc tech

My TimeMachine problem was unrelated. I Copied 3.1 from an old MacBook and now have my old setup back.

I renamed to MS 3.1 and put in Documents folder then Re-downloaded MS 3.2 and named it MS 3.2 so I can experiment.

I can get the old Concert open in MS 3.2 using Brian Li's hack, but still no Layout.

Maybe someone knows how to transfer the layout from the old Concert to the hacked one? If so, we are golden. As of now, i have my old setup back and will invest more time if I get new info.

BTW, here is the link to the Brian Li fix: https://brianli.com/rebuild-corrupt-mainstage-concert/

Sep 1, 2015 12:41 PM in response to Musical Stuff

Musical Stuff: I was able to open your concert on my machine without a problem, but maybe your problem is audio unit related? When I opened your concert it gave me a warning saying that "Pianoteq " (with a space after it) was missing, and "M1" was missing. I do have Pianoteq 4, Pianoteq 5 and Pianoteq 5 STAGE installed and some of your channels with Pianoteq loaded correctly, but a few (such as the Pianoteq instance in "Carry You Home") says it is missing. I also tried opening it on my wife's laptop that doesn't have an audio units installed and it opened fine there as well.

Maybe you can try disabling audio units and seeing if it opens ok for you? Or maybe you have another file that doesn't open? I would be happy to try opening it as well.

MainStage 3.2 claiming concerts are corrupt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.