Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have some iCloud photo library questions

I'm using an iPad Air 2 testing iOS 9 and an iPhone 5s which I'm planning on updating to the latest iOS 8 update soon.

1. Do both of my devices have to be on the same iOS?

2. When I turn iCloud Photo Library on both devices will my photos get doubled since most are on both?

3. Will I loose my alums or just the photos that were not taken on a particular device?

4. Will all my photos be uploaded or just the newer or older ones?

5. Can I asscess the iCloud Photo Library album off line?

any help would be appreciated. Thanks 🙂

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.2, Any help appreciated

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 1:50 PM

2 replies

Aug 28, 2015 1:57 PM in response to Worshiper101

Here is what I know.

1. No. I have an old iphone 4 and a new Ipad. Both will send photos to myphotostream.

2. No. Always back up your photos to you computer. But OS take a low res copy and places it on the photostream.

3. ?

4. Juts 30 days worth.

5. It stores a low res copy of the photos to photostream that you can access when offline.

Hope that helps.

Aug 28, 2015 6:46 PM in response to Marcus MaColonna

First I'm not talking about photo stream, but the iCloud Photo Library.

For 3 I was wondering if I turn on iCloud Photo Library if I'll only loose photos from my ipad that weren't taken with it. I do know that icloud Photo Library doesn't support photo stream. I know that pictures taken from my iPhone will no longer appear on my iPad and visa versa other then in the iCloud Photo Library, which I assume I can re-add them from there.

That's what I gather atleast. I was just wondering if the rest of my photos in each album would be safe. (I don't want to re-add to many photos to my albums).

I have some iCloud photo library questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.