Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recording Real-time MIDI Control Parameters

I have a couple questions on recording the MIDI data from the manipulation of the various controls (knobs/pots/etc) on my synthesizers (hardware and software).

1) After some googling, I found I could use the Automation Mode button in the channel strip to achieve what I'd like with software synths. Is this the right approach for software and hardware synths?

2) Using the same approach as above, I could not get the same result with a hardware synth (Moog Sub 37--it does transmit MIDI on its pots) I tried. Instead, what happens is that while the track region shows the pots being tweaked, when I open the Automation subtracks, it only shows Volume and Pan, when I had actually tweaked Filter Cutoff, Resonance and Multidrive, which is represented by the three "bumps" in the track region of the below screenshot. Is this simply a limitation of not being a software instrument or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for any help.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 3:46 PM

There are no replies.

Recording Real-time MIDI Control Parameters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.