Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera not working - Macbook Pro

When I try to use my camera on FaceTime the message "No camera available. To use FaceTime connect a camera."

I tried other apps, even tried using the camera on websites, but it's like it's not here.

I also tried reseting the SMC and PRAM and used this command, but didn't solve my problem

sudo killall AppleCameraAssistant

Any suggestions??

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 2:01 PM

6 replies

Aug 28, 2015 4:03 PM in response to izzieyab

Hey!

To fix your problem you can try out this:

Step 1

Quit all applications running in the background.

Step 2

Open up Terminal which you can find in /Application/Utilities

Step 3

Enter the following command into Terminal "sudo killall VDCAssistant" without the quotes, then hit the Enter key.

Step 4

Then enter in the command "sudo killall AppleCameraAssistant" still with no quotes then hit enter.

You will be prompted to enter the Administrator's password, be sure you have full access to the Mac.

You are done! Reboot your Macbook and share your results! If that does not help I would recommend reseting your SMC by clicking here.

Good Luck,

~ Swing Suit

Aug 28, 2015 4:43 PM in response to izzieyab

Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider. You may have to leave the machine there for several days.

Back up all data on the internal drive(s) before you hand over your computer to anyone. There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional—ask if you need guidance.

If privacy is a concern, erase the data partition(s) with the option to write zeros* (do this only if you have at least two complete, independent backups, and you know how to restore to an empty drive from any of them.) Don’t erase the recovery partition, if present.

Keeping your confidential data secure during hardware repair

Apple also recommends that you deauthorize a device in the iTunes Store before having it serviced.

*An SSD doesn't need to be zeroed.

Camera not working - Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.