Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What to do? I'm getting the following message even though the songs are on my playlist: "The song could not be used because the original file could not be located."

What to do? I'm getting the following message even though the songs are on my playlist: "The song could not be used because the original file could not be located."

iPod shuffle (4th generation late 2012)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 2:20 PM

1 reply

Sep 1, 2015 6:16 AM in response to wilbeem

Hello wilbeem,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see you are getting an error message when you try to play some songs. That error message can appear if the song in iTunes is no longer linked to the original file on your computer. Here are a couple of articles that should help you locate the song file and reestablish the link to iTunes.

This one should help you locate the media:

If your music is missing from iTunes - Apple Support

If you need to, this one will explain how to redownload the songs from the iTunes Store:

Download past purchases from iTunes - Apple Support

Regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.