Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

password management

what is the best password management application?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 1:39 PM

5 replies

Aug 28, 2015 1:47 PM in response to SeniorDesign

The one that's pre installed on your Mac called Keychain Access located in HD > Applications > Utilities

If you are using Safari, go to Safari > Preferences then select the Passwords tab. Select: AutoFill user names and passwords

When you visit a website and enter your login data and password Safari will prompt you to save that to a new keychain. That data is safely stored on the hard drive. Never share your Mac's admin password.

Better to not store your personal data with online password management as those sites can be hacked > LastPass was hacked: Here's what you have to do | Macworld

Aug 28, 2015 3:39 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Carolyn Samit wrote:

Better to not store your personal data with online password management as those sites can be hacked > LastPass was hacked: Here's what you have to do | Macworld

The headline of that article is scary but the details are reassuring. They have been under significant attack twice in the years I have been with them and both times generated a lot of headlines but no actual usable access to user passwords or data. I've studied both attacks (out of self-interest wondering if I should continue with them) and am more comfortable after than before. I'm happy -- but not everyone is comfortable with online storage and that's OK too.

password management

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.