Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.10.5 broke Bonjour

Since updating to 10.10.5, I no longer see my NAS and had to re-establish connection to my network printer.

I have mid 2009 MBP and is on the same network as an iMac running the same OS version that does see the NAS and has no problem printing.

I can connect to NAS using both AFP and SMB but have to do so manually, rather than seeing a list on the sidebar.

Have reinstalled 10.10.5 using combo installer but no change. Have repaired permissions too.

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), iMac, iPad, iPhone, QNAP NAS

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 2:42 PM

1 reply

Aug 30, 2015 3:13 PM in response to Mk Gonda

I know you said you repaired the perms, but did you try restarting the Mac, then cmd + r (hold once you hear the startup chime). Then go to disk utilities from there. Once there, repair the permissions again (and maybe even os x). When repairing permissions from there, it usually will pickup on things more likely than it would when the system is running.

Once the system starts, do a spot light search for disk utilities and do the test once more for the last time. The reason for that, is, because the system is now running and if a perm error is generated, it can be fixed. Just make sure when you do, nothing else is running but the disk utility program (including startup programs). Hope this helps! I never really used Bonjour as far as I can remember, so this is my first guessing attempt you could try.

Hope this helps! 🙂

10.10.5 broke Bonjour

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.