Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Managed to uninstall safari on accident and can not find a way to get it back on to my macbook

I was using Clean my Mac pro to remove a couple of unwanted apps and accidentally uninstalled safari as well and cant find a way to get it back onto my macbook. Any ideas or solutions would be very helpful.

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 3:24 PM

See if you can find Safari first...

Click your Trash icon then click Open. Right or control click Safari then click Put Back

Or try a Spotlight search. Click the Spotlight icon top right in the menu bar then type: Safari

Other than that, in order to reinstall Safari on a Mac you will have to restore OS X using OS X Recovery. That will reinstall a new copy of Safari for you.

Avoid using third party so called cleaning utilities on a Mac.

Uninstall CleanMyMac > How To Uninstall CleanMyMac

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2015 3:24 PM in response to Klino96

See if you can find Safari first...

Click your Trash icon then click Open. Right or control click Safari then click Put Back

Or try a Spotlight search. Click the Spotlight icon top right in the menu bar then type: Safari

Other than that, in order to reinstall Safari on a Mac you will have to restore OS X using OS X Recovery. That will reinstall a new copy of Safari for you.

Avoid using third party so called cleaning utilities on a Mac.

Uninstall CleanMyMac > How To Uninstall CleanMyMac

Managed to uninstall safari on accident and can not find a way to get it back on to my macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.