Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I receive an email from myself they always go into the Junk folder in MacMail.

When I receive an email from myself [be it as CC or forwarded from another email address] they ALWAYS go into Junk.

Here's what I've tried to fix it:

- telling MacMail it's NOT junk

- making all my aliases VIPs

- all of my email addresses are in Contact

What's weird is that it is EVERY SINGLE EMAIL address: my yahoo, my gmail, my 5 personal server email addresses....which are all different email addresses. How does it know they are from me?

It started after I upgraded to Yosemite about 4 months ago.

Here's my computer information

MacBook Pro: 15" 2012

SSD Internal Drive

Yosemite version 10.10.5

MacMail 8.2

If you could help me fix this I'll make you a pie.

Darilyn

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 2:37 PM

6 replies

Aug 30, 2015 2:25 PM in response to ddotcom

Greetings ddotcom,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like Mail is putting all of your emails from your other accounts into the Junk folder. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Mail (Yosemite): If junk mail filters aren’t working correctly

If the problem persists, click Reset in Junk Mail preferences to reset the junk mail database to its original information.

Review your junk mail settings in Mail preferences, as well as any rules you might have created to handle junk mail, and make changes as necessary.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Take care

Aug 30, 2015 3:26 PM in response to mario49

Thanks for getting back to me.

After reading through the links you suggested it appears that my problem is much more advanced that the simple solutions they provide.

I get about 3-5 thousand spams a day because I've had my email addresses for a very long time. If I was to Reset, I'd be flooded with them immediately. In addition, I have an extensive set of RULES to help filter them out. It's so bad that I've had to force any emails that are not in my contacts or previous recipients to the Junk folder. Not great when potentially new clients try to contact me. Anyway, if I start to change my little house of cards, I'm afraid that it will go back to flooding my inbox with spam again.....which is a nightmare.

I think maybe calling an apple tech is in order....or switching to gmail for their excellent spam filter....but their interface is horrendous. 😟

Sep 7, 2015 4:25 PM in response to ddotcom

OK....so we figured it out! I went to speak with an Apple Genius at an Apple Store and we determined that the problem had to be with my contact card in Contacts. We decided to go into it and delete all my email addresses. THAT fixed it! Now I get all my emails in the Inbox as opposed to the Junk folder.

We actually went a bit further and tested all the email addresses. We added them back in until the culprit was determined. Apparently ONE of my email addresses causes the whole mess. I haven't yet delved into why that is...a project for another day.

Yay Apple Geniuses.

🙂

When I receive an email from myself they always go into the Junk folder in MacMail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.