Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad wants me to shut it off all the time. It started yesterday

I have iPad Air from December 2013, updated of IOS 8.4.1. Yesterday it started with “press here to power off” of cancel.

I receive message even if I am only updating a note. I turned off completely with button to try to see if that helps and removed useless apps. I have plenty of space left.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 8.4.1, It happens in everything

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 2:08 PM

Try double click of the home button and then swipe the conten above each icon up and off the screen. Then do a reboot by holding both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, takes about 10-40 seconds, then release both buttons.

7 replies

Aug 28, 2015 6:54 PM in response to Ralph Landry1

I'm glad I make it a point to thank everyone. Sometimes Siri!

iPad was starting again, but I was listening to live radio show. I'm I MA & the station I used to like best dropped 2 of my 3 favorites. Another station picked them up, but one starts at 9 pm & is live at 6 pm.

I don't want to listen to radio past 9 pm, except in June when I am out in my rose garden. A friend told my loud voices keep raccoons away & I'm within 4-7 miles of Boston, not out in suburb where I'd expect them.

I cannot believe people don't thank you for free advice.

i put this away for the night but w/my email I have same one 4 times. iPhone, iPad, Mac & Webmail. I saw on iphone.

My iPad wants me to shut it off all the time. It started yesterday

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.