Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

8.4.1 upgrade - unable to add ibooks to ipad

I have an ipad air 2 (wif-fi only) and I have noticed that after the last update (ios 8.4.1) I am unable to add any epubs to my ibooks on ipad (works fine on Mac - mavericks 10.9.5) Had no issues before but now something odd occurs and I wonder if anyone had seen this also - please note these are not epubs bought thru the ibooks store.

• epubs are fine on mac - can be added to ibooks fine and I opened them and flicked thru several pages
  • when syncing I usually have sync all books and when I do this they appear to copy over (per the itunes status bar at the top AND I can see the larger one showing up for a moment in ibooks on the ipad then when the download is done it disappears)
  • After sync, if I choose to sync again is automatically flips to selected books and unchecks the 4 new ones I am trying to add.
  • When I try to sync again they once again copy over
  • When I go to the itunes books on device screen they show up int he list
  • When I search on the ipad - by author, by category etc they are not there
  • Last book added successfully to ipad 8/18/2015

Anyone else seen this? I have reported to Apple.

Thanks

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 3:05 PM

5 replies

Aug 29, 2015 8:21 AM in response to Rudegar

no you cant see them at all anywhere on the ipad no matter which method you use - looking in the collection where they should be (tried several and 'books') looking down the lists by authors or categories etc etc. The fact that every time I sync them they show as being re-copied, indicates to me, it might be they are not actually making it there. As I said I can see the large one downloading on - it shows up pale with the downloading bar underneath then it disappears when done.

Aug 31, 2015 7:14 AM in response to madhombre

This appears to be caused by the 8.4.1 update. Happening on my iPad and my wife's mini. Books appear in the iTunes list, but when the book is imported into the iPad files, it will appear on the bookshelf only to disappear when the progress bar nears completion. The title will appear in the iPad book's list, but if you perform a command-I, you'll find all the entries grayed out. Hopefully, this will be addressed soon, or be remedied with IOS 9.

8.4.1 upgrade - unable to add ibooks to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.