Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Toughie: No sound from speaker in iPhone 4s

I do not get sound from my iPhone 4s speakers when I try to play music, alerts or ringtones. I do get it in speakerphone, Siri and my clock alarms.

Everything comes through the earphone jack. And through my bluetooth hands free (music doesn't, but it's not supposed to.)

The guy I bought it from has replaced the charging port, the speaker module and the Volume/headphone jack flex cable on top.

What's odd is that Wednesday he replaced the charging port and it fixed the problem. But the ribbon cable was too long, so he took it out and got the right part today. But two different ones (both brand new) didn't work, so he put in the one that he did on Wednesday (with the ribbon cable that was too long). And now it didn't work either!!! :-o

In researching other threads, I reset the phone back to factory default. That didn't help.

I called Apple. They went through some things with me, but in the end, they told me that if going back to the default didn't do it, then it was a hardware issue, and my phone is out of warranty. I had read in a thread that there was an issue with iOS 8.x for this that they would cover under warranty. Apparently some phones' sound wouldn't work after an upgrade to iOS 8. But Apple said that mine didn't qualify.

I have searched all over and haven't found a thread that covers this exact problem. Can anyone please help!?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 4:25 PM

There are no replies.

Toughie: No sound from speaker in iPhone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.