Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Mac book pro is running slow when I am browsing the internet. pages take time to load.

I have recently updated the operating system to OS X Yosemite and now my laptop is running very very slow..

I am not sure what to do, even as I am writing this `post it's taking its time for the letters to appear on the screen.

Most frustrating when I am trying to browse the internet, everything is much slower than before.

Can anyone help with this problem???

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 2:42 PM

If you are using Safari ...

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab then click: Remove All Website Data

Quit then relaunch Safari to test.

if that doesn't help, follow the instructions here > If Safari is slow, stops responding, quits unexpectedly, or has other issues

4 replies

Aug 28, 2015 4:48 PM in response to Yorkester23

How much RAM do you have? I have seen many folks say that the 'minimum' amount stated regarding Yosemite will barely run the OS, adding any open Apps will cause 'swapping' of RAM and utilize Virtual Memory (both are slowing)

Utilize Activity Monitor.app to see what is happening...

Use Activity Monitor on your Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201464

Apple Inc.
Jun 11, 2015 - Activity Monitor shows the processes that are running on your Mac, so you can see how they affect your Mac's activity and performance.

Feb 12, 2015 - Learn how to use Activity Monitor to read system memory and determine how much RAM is being used. Refer to this article if you're using OS X ...

Activity Monitor: View your computer's processor activity

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5148

Apple Inc.
May 8, 2012 - You can use Activity Monitor to see the current level of processor activity on your computer.

Apps can affect Mac performance, battery runtime ... - Apple

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203184

Apple Inc.
May 5, 2015 - You can use Activity Monitor to see whether a Mac app is using more of the CPU than it should.

Aug 29, 2015 11:46 AM in response to Yorkester23

Activity Monitor - Mavericks also Yosemite

Activity Monitor in Mavericks has significant changes

Performance Guide

Why is my computer slow

Why your Mac runs slower than it should

Slow Mac After Mavericks

Things you can do to resolve slowdowns see post by Kappy

6 Easy Tips to Speed Up OS X Yosemite on Your Mac

Try running this program and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read.

Etrecheck – System Information

my Mac book pro is running slow when I am browsing the internet. pages take time to load.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.