Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2011 Air Battery Not Charging

Hi. I see that this question has been asked several times, but many of us have not found a solution, and each unique case is worth a try...

MBA is over 4 years old, have noticed the fan running more often lately, but no other issues.

Left town for a week and left it unplugged. Upon return, plugged it in and was streaming a ball game, and made a comment that it was weird the AC charger showed a green light. I don't remember what the power percentage was, but did unplug it at one point and it kept running.

Next day, the charger indicator stays green, screen indicator shows (Not Charging) and computer shuts down within seconds of being unplugged.

System shows battery cycle count: 593, condition: normal. It recognizes the charger as connected, but not charging. I have tried another plug and get the same result, so I don't think it's my plug. I've tried the SMC reset every way possible (plugged in, unplugged, etc.) to no avail.

Can a battery be bad even when indicates normal with a low cycle count? Maybe just from age?

I live hours away from an Apple store and would hate to give them more $$$ if I don't have to.

Who's got the golden ticket?! I appreciate your time.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2011

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 4:02 PM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2015 4:12 PM in response to valencia77

Try the SMC again:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Run an Apple hardware Test:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201257

Note that an error free AHT is not definitive.

valencia77 wrote:

I have tried another plug and get the same result, so I don't think it's my plug. I've tried the SMC reset every way possible (plugged in, unplugged, etc.) to no avail.

What do you mean by another plug? Another charger?

Ciao.

2011 Air Battery Not Charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.