Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music syncing solution for iTunes library that is too big for iTunes Match

I love the freedom that Apple Music has given me to have access to so much music. However I do own a fair chunk of music that is not avaialbe through Apple Music. My iTunes library is large, I have 53,000 songs which is 312 GB. Therefore I do not qualify for iTunes Match. I have a 128 GB iPhone 6, I purchased the largest capacity model so I could bring as much music with me as possible when I travel. I've updated to iTunes 12.2.2.25 and iOS 8.4.1.

What I need to do is simply sync some music that is NOT avaialbe through Apple Music in my iTunes on my Mac to my iPhone 6 for offline listening like I've always done. I've found out how to import my old playlists, and the music contained in the playlists not avaialbe on Apple Music is greyed out or doesn't show.

I have my iCloud Music Library On, I've tried the solution of turning iCloud Music Library off, and then syncing my music the old fashion way and then turning iCloud Music back on. I've found this to be buggy and often have my music freezing, I've also found that selecting "music" or "iTunes & app store" under Settings also freezes my phone after I toggle iCloud Music Library off, then sync, and then back on. It takes a power cycle to make it work again. If restored my phone twice after attempting this because of how buggy it becomes. Apple Music seems to work best when iCloud Music Library is turned on...

So is there a way to sync music to my iPhone 6 hard drive that is not avaialbe in Apple Music, and not eligible for iTunes Match, while leaving iCloud Music Library on?

Thanks in advance!

Olboy

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 4:18 PM

There are no replies.

Music syncing solution for iTunes library that is too big for iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.