Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove every tace of mysql from Mac

Hello,

I'm trying to perform a clean install of mysql on my Mac Yosemite. I already had it installed, so as I read around I want to remove it completely. Reading in different articles and questions I followed a list of steps and then proceeded to the install process through homebrew. At the end I received a warning telling me that there was another mysql version at the location

/usr/local/opt/mysql/

I couldn't find it mentioned in any place, and it is a bit annoying because I'm wondering whether I'm missing something in some other place.

How can I find all the locations in which is installed mysql?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 3:05 PM

4 replies

Aug 28, 2015 3:57 PM in response to qarlo

Have you tried Spotlight? It some times is wanting in finding things.

There is EasyFind which often is much better:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/easyfind/id411673888?mt=12

However with at said, no search vehicle that may be used will be a guarantee that all elements will be found.

That leaves a choice: Keep things as they are if there is no evidence of hindrance in the operation of the MBP or erase the HDD and reinstall the OSX and user data (the only 100% guaranteed solution).

Ciao.

How to remove every tace of mysql from Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.