Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot open safari due to a third party application. How do I clear the history and cookies without being able to bring up safari?

When opening Safari, the program is automatically routed to a window that pops up saying the operating system has crashed due to a third party application. I have read similar post regarding iPhones and Ipads. For those, they simply put the device in airplane mode, bring up Safari, delete the history, and then the device is fine. Since this is on my macbook, I am unaware of what steps to take to clear the history and cookies in order to avoid the pop-up.

MacBook (13-inch Aluminum Late 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2015 4:45 AM

Restart Safari while holding the Shift key down. If that doesn't work disconnect the mac from the internet for awhile.

1 reply

I cannot open safari due to a third party application. How do I clear the history and cookies without being able to bring up safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.