Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have downloaded 3 movies from Itunes onto my Ipad. They appear in my videos app while connected to wifi. However when not connected they don't appear. I couldn't even connect the airline wifi. What am I doing wrong?

I have 3 movies downloaded on my Ipad from Itunes. They appear in my Videos app while I am connected to wifi. When I turn off wifi, they do not appear in the app. Also, while on a plane this week, I could not connect my ipad to the airline wifi and I could not watch my movies. What am I doing wrong or not doing correctly?

iPad 2

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 3:29 PM

1 reply

Aug 30, 2015 7:53 AM in response to CoachRocco

Hi there CoachRocco,

It sounds like you are able to see the movies in your Videos app but they disappear when there is no internet connection. That makes sense and is expected for videos that aren't actually downloaded to the device. You should be able to download and store them locally on the iPad with these steps from the following article:

Download past purchases from iTunes

On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Tap Settings > Videos and make sure Show All Videos is on.
  2. Tap the Videos app.
  3. Tap Movies, Music Videos, or TV Shows at the bottom of the page.
    User uploaded file
  4. Find the item that you want to download.
  5. Tap the Download icon User uploaded file.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I have downloaded 3 movies from Itunes onto my Ipad. They appear in my videos app while connected to wifi. However when not connected they don't appear. I couldn't even connect the airline wifi. What am I doing wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.