Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having problems with ipod touch 5, it would not charge for some reason..charger is working fine tho..

Its almost 8months since i bought this ipod 5, recently been getting troubles with charging the device..It would charge and sometimes it wont..now to the point where it is connecting and disconnecting within seconds..i am not sure why it is doing this..atm its not even charging 1 bit...Plz let me know what the problem is..is it something to do with the battery of the ipod..

thx alot

iPod touch

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 3:35 PM

5 replies

Aug 28, 2015 3:39 PM in response to Jagdeo007

Not knowing what you mean by "

.charger is working fine tho.."

Charging source? Cable?

try

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G or later iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G ot later iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Having problems with ipod touch 5, it would not charge for some reason..charger is working fine tho..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.