Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do we un-synch iPods so that games aren't connected anymore?

My oldest son got a new iPod Touch 5th gen recently and the old 5th gen was handed down to the next son. We got things transferred (synched I guess) but how do we UN-synch them? If a game is played on the "old" it affects the "new." I don't want to screw things up and lose everything!!!

iPod touch (5th generation)

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 8:02 PM

1 reply

Aug 29, 2015 3:25 AM in response to frustrationmom

I would setup Family Sharing to allow sharing purchased media

http://www.apple.com/ios/ios8/family-sharing/

and have one setup a new ID using

Family Sharing and Apple IDs for kids - Apple Support

However, one person may have to start the game over using their own ID.

CHANGE ID

Apple ID: What to do after you change your Apple ID

The ID is used in the following locations and you have to change them.

Settings>Messages>Send and Receive

Settings>FaceTime

Settings>GameCenter

Settings>iCloud

and Settings>iTunes and App store

You have to sign out of ID (for iCloud you delete the iCloud account from the iPod) and sign in with other ID.

Note the following are resolved if you use Family Sharing (iOS 8 and later):

- Apps are locked to the account that purchased them.

- To update apps you have to sign into the account that purchased the apps. If you have apps that need updating purchased from more than one account you have to update them one at a time until the remaining apps were purchased from one account.

If the iPod has iOS 7 or later then you have the enter the password for Apple ID presently sign in Settings>iCloud.

Also, a Restriction can be set (Settings>General>Restrictions) the prevents changing accounts

How do we un-synch iPods so that games aren't connected anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.