Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stream from my iMac to an Airport Express. I used to have an icon in my menu bar.

There used to be an icon on my iPad and iMac that would enable me to stream my music to an airport express or apple TV. I can no longer find it.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 4 GB ram

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 12:19 AM

1 reply

Aug 29, 2015 2:49 AM in response to makloklin

if you place your finger on the bottom of the screen and swipe upwards you should get a menu with airplay as an option

mind you airplay never worked across the Internet so the ipad needs to be on the same network as the express

and imacs never supported airplay to airports express beside from inside itunes, where the icon in newer versions are right of the volume slider

there are 3th party programs which will let you airplay all audio not just itunes to the airport express like airfoil but they are as far as I know all commercial

How do I stream from my iMac to an Airport Express. I used to have an icon in my menu bar.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.