Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

noreply@insideicloud.icloud.com - Find My iPhone

Yesterday I received multiple emails from noreply@insideicloud.icloud.com referencing Find My iPhone and the emails displayed an actual device name associated to my account. Emails looked very official and including links.

-first email said XXXXX iPhone had been found (listed a location 15 miles from location of that device)

-second email said Lost Mode was enable on that iPhone

-third said sound had been played on that iPhone

Apple Support said this was phishing but unnerved due to use of actual device name and links in email seem very authentic. Obviously have changed my password.

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 5:17 PM

iDevice Safari Phishing Adware Pop-ups

Your device does not have a virus. You can fix this as follows:

Kill Safari by double-tapping on the Home button. Locate Safari in the task bar, then slide the Safari mini-page upwards so it vanishes.

Tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. Next, locate Security section and slide the “Block Pop-Ups” switch to the On position.

Press the Home button to return to your Home screen.

If this doesn’t help, then reset your device. It won't delete your data. Press and hold down the On/Off button and the Home button until the display turns off and returns with the Apple logo showing.

Alternatively, follow these instructions to reset your device: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2015 5:17 PM in response to Mr. Old Dude

iDevice Safari Phishing Adware Pop-ups

Your device does not have a virus. You can fix this as follows:

Kill Safari by double-tapping on the Home button. Locate Safari in the task bar, then slide the Safari mini-page upwards so it vanishes.

Tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. Next, locate Security section and slide the “Block Pop-Ups” switch to the On position.

Press the Home button to return to your Home screen.

If this doesn’t help, then reset your device. It won't delete your data. Press and hold down the On/Off button and the Home button until the display turns off and returns with the Apple logo showing.

Alternatively, follow these instructions to reset your device: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

noreply@insideicloud.icloud.com - Find My iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.