Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ibook g4 wifi not connecting

My ibook g4 will see WiFi networks But when I typed the password in for my WiFi The computer said that my password was wrong. So I typed it in several more times but my computer still said that my password was wrong. So after changing the password on my router and typing it in on my iPhone I than tried it on my ibook but I had the same problem. Some one plz help bring some life into my old ibook.

iBook, Mac OS X (10.3.x), ibook g4 a1054

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 5:26 PM

5 replies

Aug 29, 2015 10:00 AM in response to samdaboss

Sam,

Is this with a new router to you (either you bought a new router or you moved to where there is a router to which you've not connected before)? Older versions of the Mac OS do not support WPA wireless security, something that is pretty much standard now. They could do no better than WEP. If you are really running OS 10.3, that could be the problem. I don't remember the exact point where WPA support began, but I recall it being OS 10.4. Maybe someone with a remembrance of such old things can jump in with more ideas.

Newer routers are often dual-band, meaning you can set one band to the highest security for your newer devices and set the other to WEP for older devices like your iBook.

ibook g4 wifi not connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.