Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 Plus freezes and wont turn on

Ever since I bought this phone it at times froze up, not for long but just seem sluggish.

Today it just froze up then turned off...I plugged it into my computer and at it came back on. The battery was on 87%.

Why is it doing this? Should I take it back, could it be a faulty phone?

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 6:15 PM

First try a reboot by holding both the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, takes about 10-40 seconds, then release both buttons.

If that does not help, take it to an Apple store Genius Bar and have the techs test it to see if there is a fault.

6 replies

Aug 29, 2015 4:41 AM in response to staceyboo0629

The "reboot" does not affect data or contents. It forces the iOS device to clear its memory and most software glitches. To be really sure anything hanging is cleared, the step of double clicking the home button, then swiping the material that sits above each app up and off the screen to terminate each app, then a reboot really cleans it up.

All of this is usually the most effective way of clearing problems. If this does not clear a problem, you get into the realm of aggressive actions, things like backup/erase/restore and a trip to the Apple Store Genius Bar.

Nov 20, 2015 2:08 PM in response to staceyboo0629

It keeps happening!!! ios 9 was REALLY bad. the update helped a little. Then they had another update. I was really scared to install that update , but the freezing up was so bad, I thought I better install it. It did help a bit more. BUT THE IPHONE 6 PLUS IS STILL FREEZING UP!!!!

Apple needs to hire better software engineers. I am so frustrated, I am tempted to switch to Samsung!!!! and I have had apple since DAY 1!!!

APPLE, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER. FIX THESE PROBLEMS.

All of a sudden, my phone freezes... I can't even turn it Off!!!! it is FROZEN!!! I have to wait several minutes before it responds to anything!!!

THIS IS REALLY FRUSTRATING AND POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS, if there's an emergency and you need your phone!!!

IS APPLE LISTENING???!!!

Iphone 6 Plus freezes and wont turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.