Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you enable the shared libraries preference?

I would like to share my iTunes Library with other computers through home sharing. So, I went to "Preferences> Sharing" But it told me that shared libraries were disabled in the parental preferences. So, I went to the Parental tab and saw the line "Shared Libraries". The box was checked, but the phrase was in grey and I am unable to uncheck the box. The lock is unlocked, so I should be able to change my preferences.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 7:58 PM

1 reply

Aug 30, 2015 6:25 AM in response to directioner1313

Hello directioner1313,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to use Home Sharing in iTunes to connect with other computers, but the option to disable it is checked in the Parental section of iTunes preferences.

If you cannot remove that check to allow Home Sharing, this may be because the lock icon is closed to prevent changes. The attached article below, step 5, explains how to lock or unlock the ability to make changes in the Parental preferences of iTunes.

Use Parental Controls in iTunes to set content restrictions - Apple Support

Have a great day

How do you enable the shared libraries preference?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.