Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Events present, photos missing

After downloading an Apple Update and restarting my computer (OS 10.8.5), I logged back into iphoto(version 9.4.3) to find my events still existed, but the photos contained within them were missing. They are not in the regular library. They do not appear anywhere in my system.

Events that I'd saved even one photo from remain completely intact.

Please help, I have several clients who need those missing photos.

Thank you in advance,

jc

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), iphoto EVENTS heading problems

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 6:27 PM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2015 6:24 AM in response to LarryHN

Hey LarryHN,

Thank you so much for your response. I'm still offered the option to upgrade to Yosemite–and you're right, that is a few years old. However, I've elected to keep the original OS the machine arrived with, and it continues to be supported. The last update was sent Sunday. I can't find the name of it, but I installed it. It required a restart.

Funny story about the back ups. I have a Carbonite subscription and had the entire hard drive indicated, but it would seem that iphoto keeps all downloaded photos in its personal library, not in a central location? Or am I hopefully/completely wrong in that? When I realized quite a bit of my work was suddenly gone I checked my account and unfortunately couldn't find them in the normal places.

But it's possible I wasn't looking in the right spot. When iphoto creates an EVENT, where are those images actually stored? I would think the hard drive would have a dedicated cache somewhere, but where?

So, yeah. Backup might not've taken.

Thank you again,

jen

Aug 29, 2015 6:56 AM in response to seriously.pissed

There hasn't been an update "sent" for 10.8 for a couple of years now.

iPhoto by default stores the photos in the iPhoto Library. This is on your hard drive - unless you specifically and deliberately moved it. So, if Carbonite is backing up your drive then it too should be backed up. Your iPhoto Library is on the Pictures Folder Seek assistance from Carbonite for more.

That said, Carbonite is not a good back up service for an iphoto library and users regularly report issues with Libraries restored from Carbonite.

Is there an iPhoto Library in your Pictures Folder?

Events present, photos missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.