Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 - how to delete the photos from Cameraroll but not from a created new folder

I created a new folder and moved some photos there. When I deleted them from Camera roll, the have been deleted also from a new folder. How can I keep them only in a new folder and delete from camera Roll?

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 6:38 AM

Vexon16 wrote:

How can I keep them only in a new folder and delete from camera Roll?

You cannot. The pictures exist only in one place, the camera roll. The folders simply contain pointers to the camera roll.

2 replies

Aug 31, 2015 12:08 AM in response to Vexon16

I imported all my videos and photos from my phone onto my desktop and once completed it did not give me the option to delete the photos from my phone. My phone memory is full and I would like to know how I can quickly go about delteting photos and videos from my phone but that don't delete them from my i cloud account. Kind regards Adrian.

Iphone 6 - how to delete the photos from Cameraroll but not from a created new folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.