Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble setting up iMessages on new MacBook Pro to connect to iPhone6.

I was trying to set up the iMessages on my new MacBook Pro to connect with iMessages from my iPhone. I accidentally typed in the wrong code that the computer gave me. I can't figure out how to get that code back and I'm worried that someone else (the code I accidentally messed up) can see my messages. Can someone please please help me.

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 7:55 PM

1 reply

Aug 30, 2015 2:35 PM in response to cjcorm27

Hi there cjcorm27,

It sounds like you need to re enter the code to use text message forwarding between your iPad and your iPhone. All you should need to do is turn off forwarding for your iPad on your phone in the same place you turned it on, then restart the phone and turn it back on to get the code to regenerate:

Use Continuity to connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac

To use Continuity for SMS and MMS with your iPhone and your Mac, iPad or iPod touch

Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch need to use iOS 8.1, and your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.

1. Sign in to iMessage on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac using the same Apple ID.
  2. On your iPhone: Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By, and add a check to both your phone number and email address. Then, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and enable the device(s) you would like to forward messages to.
  3. Your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch will display a code. Enter this code on your iPhone to verify the SMS feature.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Trouble setting up iMessages on new MacBook Pro to connect to iPhone6.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.