Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting photos from iPhone 6

I have been using iCloud photo stream and photo library since I got my iPhone 6, but I've recently run out of space on my phone. I now want to delete all of the photos from my iPhone, and I already have backed up all of my photos onto iPhoto. When i sync my phone manually in iPhoto it gives me an option to delete all photos from my iPhone, but when I press it it doesn't do anything. I then tried to go into my phone settings in iTunes, and all it said is that my photos were stored in iCloud. When I log into my iCloud account it only gives me the option to delete them one by one. I have since turned off my iCloud photo stream and in iTunes it now offers me the option to manually select folders of photos to load onto my phone, but it still is not showing any way to delete all of the photos. Is there a way to mass delete photos? I have contacted Apple Care multiple times and they only told me to turn on Photo Optimization which is not the solution I'm looking for. Any help would be appreciated!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 8:09 PM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2015 8:27 PM in response to smsarvep

You will now have to delete them manually. The fastest and most efficient way to do this is to click on the Photos option on the bottom left, then make sure you are in the Moments view. Click on Select, then you can click on Select above each of the Moments dates. You can keep selecting them until you have all the ones you want selected, then click on the Trash Can. If you want to keep a photo in particular Moment, you can click on the checkmark on the photo to deselect it without affecting the selections you are going to want to trash.

If you are worried about space, then one you have deleted all of the ones you want, go into Albums>Recently Deleted, click Select, and then Delete All to clear out that Album.

Cheers,

GB

Deleting photos from iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.