Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 is stuck after trying to update and wont restore

I tried to update my iphone 6 to the latest version last night, its says there's an error 6 going on so i tried to restore it. but then i can no longer restore it. i tried so many things but nothing happened. I dont know what to do now. Can anyone help please

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 9:43 PM

1 reply

Aug 30, 2015 11:15 AM in response to kzomcstorm

Hi kzomcstorm,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you attempted to update your iPhone, but the process did not complete and you received error 6. I also understand that you tried to restore your iPhone after receiving the error, but were unable to restore as well.

To troubleshoot this error with an update or restore, I would suggest reading over and working through the information in the attached article below.

Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

Check your security software

Errors: 2, 4, 6, 9, 1611, 9006.

Sometimes security software can stop your device from communicating with either the Apple update server or with your device.

Check your security software and settings to make sure that they aren't blocking a connection to the Apple servers.

If you still see the error message, check for USB connection issues.

Best regards

Iphone 6 is stuck after trying to update and wont restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.