Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm running windows 10 on my Macbook pro(2015) When i try to connect a secound screen, through VGI/thonderbolt adapter, nothing happens at all. When doing the same in OS it work fine. What can be the problem here?

Trouble with windows 10 and external screen.

I'm running windows 10 on my Macbook pro(2015) When i try to connect a second screen, through VGI/thonderbolt adapter, nothing happens at all. When doing the same in OS it works fine.

What can be the problem here?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 12:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 12:16 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Have you already installed the Boot Camp drivers in Windows? They are needed in order to use the Thunderbolt port properly. If you have not installed them, boot up in OS X, open Boot Camp Assistant (in /Applications/Utilities) and tick only the option to download the "Windows support software". You need a USB drive to save the software. Then, boot up in Windows and run the Boot Camp installer from the USB drive.

(If you installed Windows from a USB drive and you used Boot Camp Assistant to create the Windows installer, you may already have the drivers on the USB drive. Just open Windows Explorer, go to your USB drive and look for a folder named "BootCamp". Then, open it and run the Setup installer).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2015 12:16 PM in response to niels2bach

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Have you already installed the Boot Camp drivers in Windows? They are needed in order to use the Thunderbolt port properly. If you have not installed them, boot up in OS X, open Boot Camp Assistant (in /Applications/Utilities) and tick only the option to download the "Windows support software". You need a USB drive to save the software. Then, boot up in Windows and run the Boot Camp installer from the USB drive.

(If you installed Windows from a USB drive and you used Boot Camp Assistant to create the Windows installer, you may already have the drivers on the USB drive. Just open Windows Explorer, go to your USB drive and look for a folder named "BootCamp". Then, open it and run the Setup installer).

I'm running windows 10 on my Macbook pro(2015) When i try to connect a secound screen, through VGI/thonderbolt adapter, nothing happens at all. When doing the same in OS it work fine. What can be the problem here?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.