Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 lightning cable trouble shooting

for the past week my phone has been denied every charger it has come across. I was using a third party charger for a whole and I figured that eventually it would stop working for me. I plugged it it to chathe it and it said that the accessori was not supported, not surprising. I went home and used my apple brand lightning cable and was still denied the charge. This happened for a few days. Tried different lighting cable, tried different bases, different outlets. Reset my settings, reset my whole phone. Forces an unexpected reboot. Turned my phone off and on and off and on again. No change. Went on the apple discussion boards and did everything recommended, still nothing. Only once in the last week was I able to get a full charge without being kicked off. I'be called apple and been talked to. I went in to the store (drove an hour to the closest one) and it worked just fine. The guy checked my batterie and it tested perfect nothing wrong with the softwear either. Went home, plugged it in with the same one the apple genious guy tested on, "accessorie not supported". Went to a guy who specializes in Fixing iPhones, worked perfect for him, he told me to buy a new Apple lighting cable. Went to best buy bought a brand new one and it was working fine. Later in the day when it was dying again the cable wasn't working. Has anyone else had this issue? What did you do? Is it software? Is it hardware? Should I just buy another phone? How can I fix this?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 12:46 AM

There are no replies.

iPhone 5 lightning cable trouble shooting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.