Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5S has suddenly stopped working properly. Safari is refusing to acknowledge that it is connected to the internet. Certain apps such as Wechat and Facebook are continuing to work as before and clearly operating through the wifi connection ye

My iPhone 5S has suddenly stopped working properly. Safari is refusing to acknowledge that it is connected to the internet. Certain apps such as Wechat and Facebook are continuing to work as before and clearly operating through the wifi connection yet my browser continues to say that my iPhone is not connected to the internet. I have cleared history and website data through Setting -> Safari and reset network settings. No results. Please advise.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 11:03 PM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2015 12:09 PM in response to Karina N

Hi Karina,

Try reseting Safari. Close Safari completely from the multitasking window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the Safari preview pane up until it disappears from the screen. You may have to look for the Safari pane by swiping side to side as there may be other panes there from other apps. Then go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it comes up. You will not lose anything.

This will give Safari a fresh start. See if it helps....

🙂

My iPhone 5S has suddenly stopped working properly. Safari is refusing to acknowledge that it is connected to the internet. Certain apps such as Wechat and Facebook are continuing to work as before and clearly operating through the wifi connection ye

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.