Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malware on my Mc Book and Iphone 5C: safari redirected to other pages

My safari browser once opened, both on my McBook and Iphone 5 C, redirect me towards an unwanted site (trade exchange.org, goo.gl, ad-type.google.com, sys alter). I cleaned everything, downloaded spyware softs, checked the extensions (none). And it carries on and on since a week, on both the iphone and Mc Book. If someone knows what that is and how to get rid of it, I'd be most grateful!

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 12:24 AM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2015 1:26 AM in response to Max Zaba

Adware is installed without your knowledge, removing it will help.

1. Use free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac/ AdwareMedic to remove adware

http://www.adwaremedic.com/index.php

Download, install , open, and run it by clicking “Scan for Adware” button to remove adware.

Once done, quit Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

or

Remove the adware manually by following the “HowTo” from Apple.

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203987

2. Safari > Preferences > Extensions

Turn all extensions off and relaunch Safari. Test.

Turn those on one by one and test.

3. Safari > Preferences > Search > Search Engine :

Select your preferred search engine.

4. Safari > Preferences > General > Homepage:

Set your Homepage.

Note: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac/ AdwareMedic is recommended by Apple support.

Aug 29, 2015 8:17 AM in response to Max Zaba

Obviously the problem is not caused by adware, and you should not use any kind of "anti-malware" software in any case.

Most likely, your router has been hacked to direct DNS queries to a malicious server.

Follow the manufacturer's instructions to reset the router to the default state. Usually that involves inserting the end of a straightened paper clip or a similar tool into a pinhole somewhere in the back of the device, and pressing a switch inside for about 15 seconds. The pinhole may be marked "RESET."

Repeat the initial setup process. Make sure the router does not allow remote setup from the Internet (WAN port), if it has that feature—most do. The DNS servers should be set automatically by your ISP. If you still have trouble with those servers selected, contact your ISP.

Check the router manufacturer's website for a firmware update.

If you have a wireless network, it must be secured with WPA 2 encryption. The passwords for the network and the router must each be a string of at least 10 random upper- and lower-case letters and digits, and they should be different. Any password that you can remember is weak.

Malware on my Mc Book and Iphone 5C: safari redirected to other pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.