Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pages Inset new page

Pages 5.5.3 on OS X 10.10.5. How do I insert a new blank page between two existing pages in Pages in Word Processing layout? I want to use WP layout so I can insert a Table Of Contents automatically. I don't seem to be able to insert a blank page in thumbnails. Obviously I need to add some extra text and pictures between two existing pages and believe this is a perfectly normal thing to do, and that it will happen quite often. Other people must be having the same problem.

Thanks

JohnRob25

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 12:57 AM

1 reply

Aug 29, 2015 7:33 AM in response to JohnRob25

Hi JohnRob,

Click on the Thumbnails Panel. If all Thumbnails are surrounded by a yellow box, that means that they are all in one Section. You can't move pages.

In the body of your document, click where you want a new page.

Menus > Insert > Section Break:

User uploaded file

Now you can move that Section.

Personally, I use the Thumbnails panel just for an overview of a document. I find it easier to Select the content within the document body and Cut & Paste. Or insert Section Breaks or Page Breaks where I need them.

Please call back with questions.

Regards,

Ian.

Apple Pages Inset new page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.