Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro files in finder

My SSD disk space is about to run out (500gb) and I want to delete large files. Not sure if I just can delete all the big files that I aint using without deleting some important FCP files.

Here is a file that I found in finder when I was searching for "Final Cut Pro". The files size is 99,17 GB wich is A LOT.

What would happened if I'm deleting this file? What are going to disappear?

User uploaded file

Pls help me your smart peps out there!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 2:30 AM

2 replies

Aug 29, 2015 4:48 AM in response to lovemyiphone5

My suggestion is that you open this library in FCP and from the File menu choose Delete Generated Library Files. When you get the dialog asking you to specify which files you want deleted, choose Optimized and Proxy and All Render Files. All these files can be re-generated if necessary and deleting them will probably free up a lot of storage.

Also, invest in a couple of external drives. Use one for system back-ups and archiving. If you aren't working on a project any longer, get rid of the computer generated files and create an archive library to move the project/event to it. Store that library on an external drive.

Russ

Final Cut Pro files in finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.